LINKAPIL facilitates the flow of assistance from overseas Filipinos to specific beneficiaries in the Philippines.
• To encourage the participation of an ever increasing number of overseas Filipinos in the national development efforts specifically in selected MDG targets
• To provide a mechanism for improved coordination and feedback among overseas donors, government agencies and beneficiaries
• To promote awareness and understanding of existing procedures and guidelines for the processing of donations from abroad
• To monitor and report regularly on the status or progress of projects to the concerned donors
• To build confidence among overseas donors through credible and responsible management of donated resources
• To cultivate productive partnerships between the overseas Filipino donor community and their beneficiaries to ensure the attainment of MDG targets by 2015
The LINKAPIL stakeholders and their respective roles and responsibilities are clearly differentiated.