Education is a person’s key to success in life. It is no wonder why several overseas donors choose to support the education of less privileged Filipinos, specifically children by providing them financial and material assistance.
One of these is the Filipinos Married to Taiwanese Association, Inc. (FMTA) in Taiwan represented by Ms. Maria Lourdes Tung. For school year 2015 -2016, the FMTA donated financial assistance amounting to US$ 540 to provide educational assistance to five (5) indigent yet scholastically-qualified students. The beneficiaries of this educational assistance are the following:
1. Bobby Angelo Caritativo, a Grade 6 student from Balincanaway Elementary School in Rosales, Pangasinan;
2. Jericho Estrada, a Grade 6 student from Justo Lukban Elementary School in Paco, Manila;
3. John Rey Dela Rosa, a Grade 6 student from Crossing Elementary School in Calamba City, Laguna;
4. Shiela Mae Nayra, a Grade 6 student also from Crossing Elementary School in Calamba City; and
5. John Angelo Sison, a Grade 9 student from Araullo High School in Ermita, Manila.
These five (5) scholars are among hundreds scholars who benefitted from the Adopt-a-Scholar project under the Lingkod sa Kapwa Pilipino (LINKAPIL) Program of the Commission on Filipinos Overseas.
Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO)