After Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan) slammed Eastern Visayas Region in the last quarter of 2013, by far the most damages are evident to property—school buildings, houses, and other infrastructures, agriculture and fisheries.
We have come together, resolved to unite Fil-Ams and Filipinos in diaspora everywhere for a Better Philippines for the Love of God and Love of Country.
Foreign Surgical Medical Missions – Fil-Am Patriots Collaborative
Cordially invites you
Saturday, September 19, 2015
8:00AM to 12 Noon
Hosted by The North Central – Virginia Association of Philippine Physicians
in Richmond, Virginia
(Details to follow)
ASAP or by August 30, 2015 at the latest.
“Filipinos United for a Better Philippines for Love of God and Love of Country”
The Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) which earlier partnered with RISE and partner communities MKKs (Magagmay nga Kristianong Katilingban) in repairing and building six public school classrooms in the municipalities of Barotac Viejo, Lemery and San Dionisio, brought Mr. Titon Mitra, the Country Director (CD) of United Nations Development Program (UNDP) and his colleague, Atty. Golda Roma to Lemery, Iloilo last June 11, 2015 in the afternoon. We are overwhelmed and inspired by the effort of CD Mitra as he sought to meet directly our partner communities, now transformed into MKK Consumers Cooperative, despite the long travel from Iloilo City and a plane to catch later back to Manila. In behalf of the local government, Vice-Mayor Cecilia Lumampao warmly welcomed them.
More Articles ...
- A testimony of community action: Blessing and Turn-over of Cabantohan Primary School Classroom
- Responding to poverty as a community: partner MKKs launch their Communal Organic Vegetable Farms
- Search for Outstanding Volunteers
- Youth leaders engage in charity giving for Tagbanua children
- PRC Relaxes its Documentary Requirements for Foreign Surgical and Medical Missioners in the Philippines